We like to brag on our clients and let others know about the good work they do!
Click the + signs below to learn more about our Community Partners, Small Business, Commercial and P.O.W.E.R. clients.
The Youth Service Bureau provides advocacy, counseling, education and intervention for children and families in St. Tammany and Washington Parishes, helping them reach their full potential. We are an umbrella agency of 5 programs:
- Crossroads - delinquency intervention, helping youthful offenders choose a new direction and avoid future delinquent behavior. Participants complete court-ordered intervention & services to gain an understanding of the impact of juvenile crime on the community and themselves, and avoid future delinquent behavior.
- CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocates - trained adult volunteers provide advocacy for children (newborn to 18th birthday) who have been abused and neglected, in order that they may live in safe and permanent homes, free from further abuse or neglect.
- FINS – Families In Need of Services – intervention for children ages 10 through 17 who commit pre-delinquent offenses such as truancy, ungovernable behavior, or curfew violation. Results include improved family functioning, reduction in self-destructive behaviors, greater success in school.
- Options - intervention in the destructive, self-defeating cycle of addiction by assisting children ages 12 to 17 who have used or abused drugs or alcohol and their families in the recovery process. Children learn to abstain from use of drugs or alcohol and develop positive coping skills
- TASC – Truancy Assessment and Service Center - juvenile delinquency is reduced by addressing its primary predictor –truancy in kindergarten through 5th grade. Families are educated on policies and laws regarding school attendance and overcome familial, social, health, and other barriers to regular school attendance so that children can resume regular school attendance and advance to the next grade level, avoiding future law-breaking behaviors and involvement in the juvenile justice system.
In the most recent fiscal year, YSB served 1,891 children. For more information, to volunteer, or to make a donation, please visit www.ysbworks.com.
We are grateful for the support of Fidelity | NOLA Lending for our recent Breakfast with Santa in Covington. Through the generosity of our sponsors, children in our CASA And TASC programs enjoyed a delightful morning of crafts, train rides, a souvenir photo of their visit with Santa, and a delicious hot breakfast courtesy of Fidelity | NOLA Lending.
NOLA DMC Founder Meg Baird, CMP, DMCP, knows New Orleans better than most. After all, she is a local who was born and raised here and operates her hospitality business right in the heart of the city where nine generations of her family have called home. NOLA DMC is a full-service destination management company specializing in designing and implementing events from concept through completion, as well as activities, tours, transportation, and program logistics. Meg doesn't just have experience; she has a career of proven success that earned her a place on the Forbes Next 1000 Entrepreneurs.
NOLA DMC showcases the city of New Orleans while promoting and enhancing their clients’ brands with memorable events. Every opportunity is a defining moment, where the team applies strategy and creativity to every aspect of an event or experience.
Meg leads a team of professionals that strives to inspire trust and confidence with creative ideas, attention to detail, exceptional execution, and unparalleled hospitality. When working with NOLA DMC, clients can expect exemplary services that exceed their expectations, with Google reviews that reflect a track record of customer satisfaction.
The NOLA DMC team is comprised of locals ? all native New Orleanians ? who are passionate about their hometown and know where to find “the best of the best.” They deliver inspired experiences that highlight “the real New Orleans” by showcasing the city’s vibrant culture, spirit, food, and history through unique venues, lively entertainment, adventurous excursions, and experiential transportation.
“We create unique experiences,” Meg said. “Satisfaction is achieved by leveraging our lively local culture, collaborating with our strong business partners and enhancing our client's brand while remaining budget-conscious. We are always looking to create extraordinary, immersive experiences that are expertly orchestrated and unforgettable."
NOLA DMC gives back to the community in many ways. Recently, during the pandemic, the destination management company organized an event in compliance with federal and state protocols. They offered private Mardi Gras House Float tours to benefit the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation, which is dedicated to supporting the state’s hard-hit hospitality workforce. NOLA DMC also supported some of the junior members of the community, providing bikes to school children in New Orleans’ Parish school district through the BYOBikes Program.
A dedicated community advocate and partner to and for the City of New Orleans, Meg and the NOLA DMC team are always eager to create extraordinary, authentic New Orleans experiences for every guest they are honored to meet.
Fidelity Bank has been a participant in the SBA Lending Program since 2014. The Bank holds the distinction as Top SBA Lender in Louisiana by number of loans for the past 3 years, utilizing the SBA’s Flagship 7(a) program. Add in our involvement in the Paycheck Protection Program, and you’ll find Fidelity Bank has strived to embody the mission the SBA sets forth to provide financing to small businesses who wouldn’t be able to secure funding via traditional methods, thereby creating jobs and helping to further stimulate the economy.
VIVA NOLA Magazine
AnaMaria Bech, Publisher
Q: What success have you had in the last year?
A: Our partnership with FOX 8 to provide news in Spanish. Using our video production equipment to provide live, critical, official information to our Spanish-speaking community and helping other organizations pivot by designing and producing their remote/hybrid virtual events.
Q: What has been the biggest benefit of being a P.O.W.E.R. Member?
A: The network and support offered by P.O.W.E.R. as well as getting to know incredible boss ladies.
Q: What does P.O.W.E.R. mean to you?
A: The purple force of women supporting women.
Learn more: https://vivanolamag.com/